The Handlebar Club Forum

"A Handlebar Moustache is indeed a glorious facial hair feature. Whether it stands alone or crowns some other form of facial hair, the glory comes from it being a 'Handlebar' and not simply an ordinary moustache." - Schnauzer

It is currently 15:34 on Saturday April 19th 2014

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Handlebar Club Forum.

You are viewing our Forums as a Guest of The Handlebar (Moustache) Club of Great Britain, with limited access to view most discussions and our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, but please carefully note our membership rules and guidelines in our registration Terms Of Service. YOU MUST USE PART OF YOUR REAL NAME IN YOUR FORUM USER NAME. NON-PERSONAL USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Please note that you do NOT need to agree to ANY of the Offers on the sign-up page - just click No thanks for each offer you don't want.

NOTE: There is an error on the first offer page after you press
No thanks! Just ignore the error report, and scroll down to No thanks

We look forward to welcoming you, so please join our community today!

Remember - YOU MUST USE PART OF YOUR REAL NAME IN YOUR FORUM USER NAME. NON-PERSONAL USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Your Handlebar Moustache Out and About
PostPosted: 0:17 on Wednesday June 20th 2012 

Inspired by some recent images posted in the "Let's See......" Topic, with members enjoying some of their favourite hobbies or activities - motorcycles (Gunner); horses (Micawber); action shooting (Grizhicks); cigar (smedstad) and weaving (apw1970), I thought we might enjoy a new Topic. Please join me in posting images of your handlebar moustache and you engaged in an activity - it can be at work or play.

Our Forum-mate, Gunner

Moi. I apologise for my first image being out-of-season, but skiing is a big part of our family's winter recreation.

Face grown since 2001

View my album in the HBC Forum Members Gallery

Post subject: Re: Your Handlebar Moustache Out and About
PostPosted: 4:07 on Wednesday June 20th 2012 

Not sure that this is s hobby or activity, but here are my daughter and I having a little ice cream.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 13:19 on Wednesday June 20th 2012 

Location: Born in Mexico City. Currently in Victoria, BC, Canada
Schnauzer wrote:
Inspired by some recent images posted in the "Let's See......" Topic, with members enjoying some of their favourite hobbies or activities - motorcycles (Gunner); horses (Micawber); action shooting (Grizhicks); cigar (smedstad) and weaving (apw1970), I thought we might enjoy a new Topic. Please join me in posting images of your handlebar moustache and you engaged in an activity - it can be at work or play.

What a great idea, Schnauzer!!! I've always been under the impression that people around here have lots of fine interests and hobbies - after all, we already have proof on our faces, eh? :lol: I very much look forward to seeing what you guys like to do.... I seem to remember Willsmoustache was brewing his own beer at home.... Will, if you read this, please do post a picture of that! :)

Ok, so now my turn. One of my favourite activities is dancing. I really do enjoy doing it! And with a few friends here in Victoria, we have a small "Mexican Folklore Dance Group". We are not professionals by any means, but we do participate in festivals, parades, and some community events. In fact, this evening we will be performing again...

Anyways, so this is a picture of us at the end of March this year. We had just finished a show and started taking pictures because the location was so beautiful, as you can see. I'm sorry that the picture does not show us "engaged in an activity", but we had just finished the activity, so I guess it still counts, eh? :)
Attachment:
CIMG1440.JPG

Author's edit one day later:

So, yesterday evening someone took a picture of us while dancing. Now you can see my moustache and me while engaged in an activity :) ... Well, come to think of it, you cannot see me, but you can definitely see the moustache, eh? :english

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A "bigotón" or "bigotudo" is the proud wearer of a (big) moustache.

But a "bigot" is someone with rather bigoted views about those who proudly display a hirsute adornment on their upper lips.
:magyar

PostPosted: 5:08 on Friday June 22nd 2012 

Alfredo, you are a pleasure to have on this Forum. It is wonderful to have you share your colourful cultural heritage with us.

Face grown since 2001

PostPosted: 13:06 on Friday June 22nd 2012 

Schnauzer wrote:
Alfredo, you are a pleasure to have on this Forum. It is wonderful to have you share your colourful cultural heritage with us.

Thank you very much, Schnauzer! Very kind of you! :stache: I am happy you are liking the pictures... You know? I feel extremely lucky to be living within Canada's "Cultural Mosaic". It has given me the opportunity to come in contact with many different cultures and sets of beliefs, idiosyncrasies and behaviours and I've learnt a lot... and sharing my own cultural heritage makes me proud of my origins too! :) Thank you very much.

And come on, everybody! We want to see more pictures!!! :beerstaches:

A "bigotón" or "bigotudo" is the proud wearer of a (big) moustache.

But a "bigot" is someone with rather bigoted views about those who proudly display a hirsute adornment on their upper lips.
:magyar

PostPosted: 17:55 on Saturday June 23rd 2012 

Not quite as neat as Alfredo's picture. I'm currently in that transition period with a slightly unruly, long enough to get in my mouth, but not quite long enough to get shape as I want it. I'm hoping it will be shapeable in three weeks when I have a major athletics event.

Anyway, this photo was taken on a recent trip to Christchurch for business, but I also stayed a couple of days with my cousin over the weekend. This is looking at some of the foothills outside Christchurch.

PostPosted: 15:58 on Tuesday July 3rd 2012 

I'll play. :panama:
I'm in to RC aircraft. I had one of my planes set to take a photo every 5 seconds and captures these to of myself.

PostPosted: 17:10 on Tuesday July 3rd 2012 

Wow - cool shot!

PostPosted: 17:01 on Wednesday July 4th 2012 

smedstad wrote:
Wow - cool shot!

Agreed! Very cool, bent_pipe! Thanks for sharing with us! :D

PostPosted: 18:58 on Thursday July 19th 2012 

Some new friends.

PostPosted: 20:05 on Thursday July 19th 2012 

Wills, that is such a cheeky, almost evil-looking, grin. Please tell us you're not concealing a pair of Velcro gloves [jk]. Great photo, thanks for posting.

Face grown since 2001

PostPosted: 13:57 on Sunday July 29th 2012 

Bart Schnauzer - H!gh Pla!ns Dr!fter

Face grown since 2001

PostPosted: 18:27 on Sunday July 29th 2012 

Awesome picture, S.!

It's not always the moustache you carry, but it's always how you carry the moustache.

Two Week Rule: Never cut your handlebar moustache off until you hate it for two weeks solid.

PostPosted: 19:12 on Monday July 30th 2012 

If only i could be as cool as Schnauzer,Cheers Scottyb

PostPosted: 19:33 on Monday July 30th 2012 

scottyb wrote:
If only i could be as cool as Schnauzer,Cheers Scottyb

It is hard to be as cool as a Guiness-drinking, skydiving cowboy with an enormous moustache - don't fret it - but we can all dream :beerstaches:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next