The Handlebar Club Forum

"A Handlebar Moustache is indeed a glorious facial hair feature. Whether it stands alone or crowns some other form of facial hair, the glory comes from it being a 'Handlebar' and not simply an ordinary moustache." - Schnauzer

It is currently 5:42 on Tuesday January 27th 2015

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Handlebar Club Forum.

You are viewing our Forums as a Guest of The Handlebar (Moustache) Club of Great Britain, with limited access to view most discussions and our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, but please carefully note our membership rules and guidelines in our registration Terms Of Service. YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL FIRST, SECOND OR BOTH NAMES IN YOUR FORUM USER NAME. IF ALREADY TAKEN - THE FORUM WILL TELL YOU - TRY ADDING ANY NUMBERS OF YOUR CHOICE. NON-PERSONAL USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Please note that you do NOT need to agree to ANY of the Offers on the sign-up page - just click No thanks for each offer you don't want.

NOTE: There is an error on the first offer page after you press
No thanks! Just ignore the error report, and scroll down to No thanks

We look forward to welcoming you, so please join our community today!

Remember - YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL NAME(S) IN YOUR FORUM USER NAME. NON-PERSONAL USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Post subject: Newbie with just a little over a month growth
PostPosted: 17:23 on Tuesday December 30th 2014 

Im a newbie with a few questions. I have been growing for about a month and was wondering how it looks so far? Do you think it will be thick enough eventually? Also my Job will not allow my mustache to hang below my bottom lip. Ive started using mustache wax to hold the edges up and it works a little. Should I trim the sides and if so how would I go about doing it.
Thanks in advance, Chris

Attachment:
GOPR0005.JPG
Attachment:
GOPR0007.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Newbie with just a little over a month growth
PostPosted: 17:33 on Tuesday December 30th 2014 

Damn you, Chris! I can't even grow that in 2 months. Curse you, asian facial hair genetics! I'm a newbie as well so I won't be giving you any advice but if there's anything I've learned here, it's DON'T TRIM. Happy growing!

PostPosted: 23:21 on Tuesday December 30th 2014 

It's time to start with a stiff wax like Firehouse WackyTacky or something similar. The Got2BGlued styling gel in a yellow tube will also work to keep it over...it's never too early to train those bad boys in the right way to grow.

PostPosted: 23:22 on Tuesday December 30th 2014 

and, btw, that's great progress for a month...especially since it seems that lighter hair colors don't fill in as quickly

PostPosted: 5:47 on Wednesday December 31st 2014 

Hi Chris. Welcome. You are off to a great start. Per your message above:

flycbyrd wrote:
Im a newbie with a few questions. I have been growing for about a month and was wondering how it looks so far?
Great!
flycbyrd wrote:
Do you think it will be thick enough eventually?
Yes, but your question is based on the premise that handlebars must be thick to be awesome. I don't accept that because thin ones look great too (and make the best Dali and English styles). Having said that, I don't think you will lack thickness.
flycbyrd wrote:
Also my Job will not allow my mustache to hang below my bottom lip.? Ive started using mustache wax to hold the edges up and it works a little. Should I trim the sides and if so how would I go about doing it. ?
If you trim the sides, then you won't have a handlebar and will be left with a boring ordinary mustache. If you do that, don't tell any of us here.

You should consider what the worst thing that can happen to you if you stretch those work rules a bit. If the worst thing is that your supervisor pulls you aside and tells you that you have gone to far, then simply apologize and come back the next day "corrected". On the other hand, if disciplinary action is involved, then caution would make sense. It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

The moustache is the "Mo" in my Mojo!

PostPosted: 15:48 on Wednesday December 31st 2014 

Chris,Great start.You have everything going for you,length at only a month and the color.Cheers Scottyb

PostPosted: 16:45 on Saturday January 3rd 2015 

Wow! Amazing for a month. If the rule is about the moustache hanging down, just start waxing it up - and definitely don't trim those tips!

PostPosted: 14:16 on Sunday January 4th 2015 

Location: Born in Mexico City. Currently in Victoria, BC, Canada
Looks fantastic for only a month!!! I won´t add anything to what has already been said because it has all been great advice. I just wanted to add my voice to the praise. It looks great! :)

A "bigotón" or "bigotudo" is the proud wearer of a (big) moustache.

But a "bigot" is someone with rather bigoted views about those who proudly display a hirsute adornment on their upper lips.
:magyar

PostPosted: 10:32 on Wednesday January 7th 2015 

Looks great way better than mine after the first month just give it time man.

http://instagram.com/bc_pomped_up_tash/