The Handlebar Club Forum

"A Handlebar Moustache is indeed a glorious facial hair feature. Whether it stands alone or crowns some other form of facial hair, the glory comes from it being a 'Handlebar' and not simply an ordinary moustache." - Schnauzer

It is currently 21:28 on Tuesday May 24th 2016

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Handlebar Club Forum.

You are viewing our Forums as a Guest of The Handlebar (Moustache) Club of Great Britain, with limited access to view most discussions and our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, but please carefully note our membership rules and guidelines in our registration Terms Of Service.

YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL FIRST AND LAST NAMES AS YOUR FORUM USER NAME.
IF YOUR NAME IS ALREADY TAKEN THE FORUM WILL TELL YOU.
THEN TRY ADDING ONE OR MORE NUMERIC DIGITS OF YOUR CHOICE TO YOUR NAME.
OTHER USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Please note that you do NOT need to agree to ANY of the Offers on the sign-up page - just click Submit & Continue.

We look forward to welcoming you, so please join our community today!

Remember - YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL NAME AS YOUR FORUM USER NAME. OTHER USER NAMES ENTERED WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Post subject: Celebrity Surprise
PostPosted: 16:03 on Wednesday March 23rd 2016 

I was disgusted or bored with whatever broadcast television had available last night so I fired up the Netflix. For several months I've had a documentary "in my list" and I finally watched it last night. It's entitled "Muscle Shoals" and is about the Muscle Shoals' sound and the 2 recording studios located in the smaller, northern Alabama city.

I had no idea how much great music came out of there! The movie's opening credits play as Wilson Pickett belts out "Land of 1000 Dances" and the hits just keep coming. What a great story and I may have to watch it a second time with my son who intends to be a music education major in college.

SO my point in putting anything on here is that the record producer that started things in Muscle Shoals - founder of FAME studios - Rick Hall, now sports a handlebar moustache.

I was a little surprised. Especially since all of the archival footage used in the movie shows him clean shaven, with some pretty big 1970's sideburns at times.

I did a little more research, despite all the hit songs that he produced, and the skads of artists that wanted to record in Muscle Shoals, he and his original rhythm section "The Swampers" are still not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I will reserve further commentary.

Does your chest ever get jealous of your upper lip? - Bob Hope, to Jerry Colonna

Post subject: Re: Celebrity Surprise
PostPosted: 19:13 on Wednesday March 23rd 2016 

Here's something else dealing with a celebrity. The stunt pilot that did the helicopter stunts in the opening of the James Bond movie "Spectre" sports a HB.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 3:27 on Monday March 28th 2016 

Those stunts were something else. Watched that with my wife and eldest. The return of Blofeld to the 007 storyline. Too bad the stunt pilot didn't have a cameo later in the film to show off the moustache.

Does your chest ever get jealous of your upper lip? - Bob Hope, to Jerry Colonna

PostPosted: 20:19 on Wednesday April 13th 2016 

Found this and I thought you all would enjoy. This is not my grandfather but someone else's.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 4:05 on Thursday April 14th 2016 

He DOES look like Matthew McConaughey...

All he's missing is a Lincoln.

PostPosted: 9:06 on Thursday April 14th 2016 

John Hurt is a long-time favourite actor of mine, and I was delighted to see that he chooses to grow his moustache between acting jobs......prepare yourselves for this!!!

Why be ordinary, when you can be extra-ordinary.
Schnauzer

PostPosted: 23:10 on Thursday April 14th 2016 

I saw that moustache with his goatee companion up close somewhere in England and It's a nice moustache indeed. Next time we meet at the Windsor Castle I'll tell you the story.

PostPosted: 23:16 on Tuesday April 19th 2016 

One of my favorites too....who does he remind you off?

PostPosted: 17:10 on Thursday May 12th 2016 

Not always "between acting jobs". In the movie Snowpiercer Hurt sports his epic mustache. (a decent movie, not bad - worth watching)