The Handlebar Club Forum

"A Handlebar Moustache is indeed a glorious facial hair feature. Whether it stands alone or crowns some other form of facial hair, the glory comes from it being a 'Handlebar' and not simply an ordinary moustache." - Schnauzer

It is currently 0:27 on Thursday July 27th 2017

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Handlebar Club Forum.

You are viewing our Forums as a Guest of The Handlebar (Moustache) Club of Great Britain, with limited access to view most discussions and our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, but please carefully note our membership rules and guidelines in our registration Terms Of Service.

YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL FIRST AND LAST NAMES AS YOUR FORUM USER NAME.
IF YOUR NAME IS ALREADY TAKEN THE FORUM WILL TELL YOU.
THEN TRY ADDING ONE OR MORE NUMERIC DIGITS OF YOUR CHOICE TO YOUR NAME.
OTHER USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Please note that you do NOT need to agree to ANY of the Offers on the sign-up page - just click Submit & Continue.

We look forward to welcoming you, so please join our community today!

Remember - YOU MUST USE YOUR REAL NAME AS YOUR FORUM USER NAME. OTHER USER NAMES ENTERED WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Post subject: Re: New handlebar in the works - a question
PostPosted: 11:18 on Sunday July 2nd 2017 

Danny you're going to have a great looking HB. It's great now but your thickness and color is going to produce one great Mo. It must be our Hoosier weather.

PostPosted: 17:16 on Sunday July 2nd 2017 

Thanks! Maybe that's the one good point of Indiana weather :)

PostPosted: 19:21 on Monday July 17th 2017 

Tips are coming along well now - not huge, but I can shape them into decent points.

I've been rereading some older posts and just ordered a tub of "pharmacy grade" lanolin from Amazon. Sounds like great stuff. I'm having misbehaving hairs on both sides...oddly, many on the left side want to go up, and some on the right want to go down. Lots of annoying lip hangers too. I've been using the blow drier every morning, which helps, but I don't think I've been doing it long enough. Maybe 20-30 seconds per side. I'll try it for several minutes and see if it works better.

PostPosted: 20:05 on Monday July 17th 2017 

Danny Burk wrote:
Tips are coming along well now - not huge, but I can shape them into decent points.

I've been rereading some older posts and just ordered a tub of "pharmacy grade" lanolin from Amazon. Sounds like great stuff. I'm having misbehaving hairs on both sides...oddly, many on the left side want to go up, and some on the right want to go down. Lots of annoying lip hangers too. I've been using the blow drier every morning, which helps, but I don't think I've been doing it long enough. Maybe 20-30 seconds per side. I'll try it for several minutes and see if it works better.

it looks like photo bucket is starting to charge for us posting pictures here, all of yours in this thread are gone too.

glad your stache is starting to take shape. it will only get better with time.

i found that my left side tended to work well, while the right would want to curl down and often into my mouth. when everything got longer it got easier, and the hair dryer helped me a lot to get everything in basic shape without any wax or jell. the lanolin makes it all softer and a bit less bushy.

PostPosted: 23:54 on Monday July 17th 2017 

I've had this problem with another site where I post photos. Would you believe that Photobucket now has the nerve to request a $500 fee to share photos to other boards? There's a similar site, Imgur, but I wonder whether the same issue might now crop up there.

I share a lot of photos on Flickr and I don't believe they'll be a problem. As time allows, I'm going to reload my old Photobucket photos to Flickr and redo the board links.

PostPosted: 23:59 on Thursday July 20th 2017 

New photo taken today: 2 months' growth after letting the old (non-handlebar) start growing out. Posting from the new Flickr account - if this works, I'll repost the old photos from Photobucket to Flickr too.

Imageme mirror july2017 01 by D B, on Flickr

PostPosted: 1:53 on Friday July 21st 2017 

are people commenting to you in the streets yet? you have definitely gone beyond the normal mustache to something people will be noticing and start commenting on. i expect that young people in stores and restaurants will be saying things to you, and even comments from people you pass just walking down the street.

when that started happening around my wife is the same time she stopped saying it was silly and started to like it. i think she felt like she was walking around with a star. :tophat:

PostPosted: 2:59 on Friday July 21st 2017 

I've noticed quite a few looks in the past week or so (exactly when the mini-curls got more noticeable), mostly from other guys with facial hair and from kids. Kids being kids, they just stand and stare. The older guys mostly take a quick look as I pass by. I had to take one of my dogs to the vet on Tuesday, and he commented that he liked it as soon as I walked in. Later, he laughingly asked if it was real. :)

The curls actually look bigger in real than they do in the photo, for whatever reason.

PostPosted: 3:08 on Friday July 21st 2017 

well i guaranty you might as well get used to it, you are going to get noticed a lot more. :thumbup: