The Handlebar Club Forum

"A Handlebar Moustache is indeed a glorious facial hair feature. Whether it stands alone or crowns some other form of facial hair, the glory comes from it being a 'Handlebar' and not simply an ordinary moustache." - Schnauzer

It is currently 4:59 on Friday April 25th 2014

All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to The Handlebar Club Forum.

You are viewing our Forums as a Guest of The Handlebar (Moustache) Club of Great Britain, with limited access to view most discussions and our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, but please carefully note our membership rules and guidelines in our registration Terms Of Service. YOU MUST USE PART OF YOUR REAL NAME IN YOUR FORUM USER NAME. NON-PERSONAL USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Please note that you do NOT need to agree to ANY of the Offers on the sign-up page - just click No thanks for each offer you don't want.

NOTE: There is an error on the first offer page after you press
No thanks! Just ignore the error report, and scroll down to No thanks

We look forward to welcoming you, so please join our community today!

Remember - YOU MUST USE PART OF YOUR REAL NAME IN YOUR FORUM USER NAME. NON-PERSONAL USER NAMES WILL NOT BE ACTIVATED!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 61  Next
 Post subject: Re: Comments on your moustache
PostPosted: 18:47 on Wednesday February 15th 2012 

Scottyb - I am sorry to hear about your relationship breaking up! (I am guessing that was the outcome having added your last two posts together!) I wish you and your tache many happy years together.

Zookeepa

PostPosted: 19:59 on Wednesday February 15th 2012 

Zookeepa,I am still happily married and the mustache is still happily on my face.Sorry about the confusion.Cheers Scottyb :beerstaches:

PostPosted: 20:03 on Wednesday February 15th 2012 

scottyb wrote:
Zookeepa,I am still happily married and the mustache is still happily on my face.Sorry about the confusion.Cheers Scottyb :beerstaches:

Paging DR> Laura :wink: :wink: :beerstaches: :notrim :D

PostPosted: 21:20 on Wednesday February 15th 2012 

Phew! I am pretty committed to my handlebar, but you brought a whole new meaning to it.

Zookeepa

PostPosted: 21:42 on Wednesday February 15th 2012 

bearwolf56 wrote:
Compared to others on here and ones I've seen I don't consider my moustache to be all that great but the other day I was in a store and I heard behind me "Sir! Sir!" I turned around and saw this young kid about 15 running up to me and about out of breath he says "Sir, you have a fantastic moustache. Can I take a picture on my phone of you? I want to grow one just like it with the end turned up like yours!" Well how could I turn him down? I said to him that he could if he really wanted to. Made me feel real good. Then again I don't know how many handlebar moustaches the kid has seen in his life. ;-)

That is great (as is your mustache)! I wonder what happens to some of the photos I have posed for from adults (sometimes drunk) and teenagers. A boring, clean shaven face is so common (and boring) that anything else is seen as out of the norm. I have had kids ask me if it was real :lol:
I met a fellow once and we both exclaimed "great stache!" simultaneously. Had to re-enact that when his wife came around the corner. Another wife of a handlebar man suggested that maybe only two were allowed in the same room at a time. Like it would unbalance reality (probably would, might even create a tear in the time/space continuum and then Dr. Who would have to fix it).
I was at a store and one of the employees was a teenager (honestly, could have been 20, it's hard to tell, they all look like kids) who was starting to grow facial hair. I told him he just had to let it all grow till it could be waxed and I hope he does. Though the job was probably telling him it needs to be trimmed which is silly.
AndyB, NH.

PostPosted: 1:26 on Friday February 24th 2012 

armadillo76 wrote:
Another wife of a handlebar man suggested that maybe only two were allowed in the same room at a time. Like it would unbalance reality (probably would, might even create a tear in the time/space continuum and then Dr. Who would have to fix it).

Hahahahah that's great. I laughed so much.

PostPosted: 19:15 on Saturday February 25th 2012 

I was at a diner today having breakfast and I was told by the cashier that my mustache was freakin awesome.Cheers Scottyb :thumbup:

PostPosted: 1:50 on Monday February 27th 2012 

scottyb wrote:
I was at a diner today having breakfast and I was told by the cashier that my mustache was freakin awesome.Cheers Scottyb :thumbup:

I love, love, LOVE, Brinner!

Long ashes, 'tashes and whiskers to you, but as for me, I will keep it Handlebar!

PostPosted: 20:26 on Tuesday March 6th 2012 

I was in Austin Texas last week visiting my daughter and we we were shopping at a clothing store.A young lady around 13 was sporting a handlebar mustache drawn on her face.I told her I liked her mustache.She giggled.Cheers Scottyb

PostPosted: 17:55 on Thursday March 8th 2012 

I have noticed several students lately with HBs of sorts:

one had a pair of glasses on (fake) with a plastic HB attached
another had an HB drawn on his face.

I am beginning to be a cult figure...

I ended up with a broken fiddle -
And a broken laugh, and a thousand memories.
And not a single regret. (E. L. Masters)

Kindly take a look at my blog: http://www.weavingcowboy.blogspot.com

PostPosted: 18:54 on Thursday March 8th 2012 

apw1970 wrote:

Face it, you're a hipster :D

PostPosted: 19:37 on Thursday March 8th 2012 

apw1970 wrote:

Hipster! :pipemo

Long ashes, 'tashes and whiskers to you, but as for me, I will keep it Handlebar!

PostPosted: 13:50 on Friday March 9th 2012 

I was dragged kicking and screaming to the recording of the 2011 Christmas edition of "I've never seen Star Wars".

Whenever we go to an "interactive venue" such as a comedy club I'm always picked on...I'm tall and wide with no hair...the BBC is no different...the warm-up chap homed in on me like an Exocet. He wanted a moustache like mine...in fact no, he wanted my moustache. I think he nearly died from the daggers I threw at him.

Then I appeared on a damned audience view when it was screened..not chuffed with my wife and son for insisting I went.

Oh, and by the way... you might think that Stephen Fry is charming, witty and funny on QI. You try sitting and listening to an unedited four hours of the bloke. To say that my brain was turned to mush is an understatement. Never have I seen such a borish, self obsessed oaf.

PostPosted: 20:12 on Tuesday March 13th 2012 

I got accosted by some Australian girls in the pub the other night.

One of them said "nice mozzy maaaaaate" followed by the usual ensuing amateur psychology to work out why, in this day and age, I would dare do such a thing as grow a 'mozzy'.

All very light hearted and fun but never heard a moustache called a 'mozzy' before. :beerstaches:

PostPosted: 19:09 on Tuesday March 20th 2012 

One of the best to date: At a Sunday church meeting the other week, one of the five-year-olds came up to me bashfully and asked, "Can I touch your moustache?" I obliged, and he just stared in apparent awe. His mother explained, "He wanted to know if it was real."

The worst was probably the same day: the fiancee of one of my close friends laughed in shock and commanded, "Get rid of that! You look so creepy!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 61  Next